If you do not want to apply MAC address filtrations for your Tenda F3 router device then you can also go for the website blocking. MAC address filtrations and URL based filtrations are totally different from each other but both these settings are possible using http:// tplinkwifi.com admin page.
Difference Between MAC Address and URL Filtrations
When you apply MAC address for your device, you will need to make use of the MAC address of the device that you want to block for your internet access and when you apply the URL filtrations for your device then you will need to fill the name of the website that you want to block for your network. You can also fill the IP address of the website that you want to block.
Steps to Make Website Filtrations for Tenda F3 router device
- From your computer device make login for http:// Tendawifi.com web address. This page will allow to make access for Tenda router setup page.
- Fill Tenda router login user name and password in the given fields.
- Select the “Security” option From the same page.
- After that select “URL Filtrations” option for the given window.
- Using the drop down menu for Tenda F3 router device select the “Filter Mode” for your device.
- After that make use of access policy for your device.
- Fill the URL of the website that you want to block for your internet access.
- Click on the “Enable” button or check box that you will find from the same configuration window.
- At the end, click on the “OK” button and you settings will be saved for sure.
These are the steps that are used to block the websites for your Tenda WiFi network. If you are parents or if you are setting up a new office then you will need to manage the URL filtrations for your network. Once these settings are made, no wireless device will able to access the websites for your network. Later you can easily allow the access of same websites jus by upchucking the URL filtrations for your devices.